[sword-devel] GCC 3.2

Steven P. Ulrick sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 08:44:17 -0500

On Wed, 9 Oct 2002 17:46:36 +0800
Leon Brooks <leon@brooks.fdns.net> wrote:

> On Wednesday 09 October 2002 08:37 pm, anton & kylie wrote:
> > I too have just updated to Mandrake 9.0 and believe that my problems
> > are just the same as Fred outlined below.
>
> RedHat 8 should break it too, in theory.
>
> Cheers; Leon

I am running Red Hat 8, and at first I had problems compiling the CVS of
Sword, but someone, I can't remember who, quickly fixed those problems,
and until a day or two ago, I had been compiling and installing the CVS
of Sword on Red Hat 8, with GCC 3.2.  But now something else has gone
wrong, and I can't compile it again.  I think my original message
reporting this problem might not have made it to the list, so I'm going
to insert it here :)

> Hello, Everybody :)
> I updated my CVS of Sword this morning, (I am running Red Hat 8) and
> when I attempted to make it, it stopped with an error message.  So I
> updated again, ran ./usrinst.sh and make, with the same result.  So I
> grabbed a fresh copy of the CVS of Sword from the following address:

> http://www.crosswire.org/sword/develop/biblecs/cvs.jsp

Here is the output that resulted from running make on the fresh CVS of
Sword (I grabbed it just a few minutes before I wrote this message):
> make  all-recursive
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/steve/CVS/sword'
> Making all in lib
> make[2]: Entering directory `/home/steve/CVS/sword/lib'
> source='../src/keys/treekeyidx.cpp' object='treekeyidx.lo' libtool=yes
> \ depfile='.deps/treekeyidx.Plo' tmpdepfile='.deps/treekeyidx.TPlo' \
> depmode=gcc3 /bin/sh ../depcomp \
> /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=compile g++ -DUSE_AUTOTOOLS   -DUNIX  -I.
> -I.-I.. -I../include  -DUSBINARY  -g -O0 -Werror -c -o treekeyidx.lo
> `test-f '../src/keys/treekeyidx.cpp' || echo
> './'`../src/keys/treekeyidx.cpp g++ -DUSE_AUTOTOOLS -DUNIX -I. -I.
> -I.. -I../include -DUSBINARY -g -O0-Werror -c
> ../src/keys/treekeyidx.cpp -MT treekeyidx.lo -MD -MP
> -MF.deps/treekeyidx.TPlo cc1plus: warnings being treated as errors
> ../src/keys/treekeyidx.cpp: In member function `char
>    sword::TreeKeyIdx::getTreeNodeFromIdxOffset(long int,
>    sword::TreeKeyIdx::TreeNode*) const':
> ../src/keys/treekeyidx.cpp:353: warning: comparison is always false
> due to
>    limited range of data type
> make[2]: *** [treekeyidx.lo] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/steve/CVS/sword/lib'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/steve/CVS/sword'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> Thanks for your help on this issue :)
> Steven P. Ulrick

Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated, as right now I am
completely without Bibletime in Linux :(
Steven P. Ulrick :)