[sword-devel] is the IGNT translation available in some text (preferably XML) form?

Sean Boisen sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 08:58:54 -0400

Friends:

I'm interested in developing some new semantic annotations (a la
www.daml.org) based on a Greek translation, and the IGNT interlinear has two
nice properties: readable English words attached, and Strong's numbers
(which function as a kind of simplified lexical index). Is there a plain
text or even better XML version of this available? Ideal would be something
which has both the English translations and Strong's numbers as markup on
the original text. I'm sure this is derivable from the module given
knowledge of the API and sources, but i'm trying to avoid that work, since
my goal is only to get a manageable version of the underlying text itself.
I'm new to the sword-devel list.

Suggestions or help to sean.boisen@bbn.com. Thanks in advance!

His,
Sean Boisen