[sword-devel] The OSIS Vision vs STEP

Fri, 04 Oct 2002 12:33:36 -0700

Chris,
	While I appreciate your comments, I have disregarded (and think others
should as well) the doom pronouncements on OSIS sales and distribution.

	I had a conference call yesterday with the American Bible Society and
they have assured me that they plan to sell and distribute OSIS
documents exactly as I have stated in my previous email.  I am working
with them to produce an OSIS document repository that will deliver OSIS
texts in PDF, eBook, and other formats to end users.  They are working
on solutions for digital rights management, and future OSIS
specifications will likely included such.

	If you don't think this vision for OSIS is valid, tell it to the 150+
publishers, software vendors, and Bible Societies already signed up for
OSIS training next month in Canada.

	-Troy.