[sword-devel] Bug in morph/strongs of Byz

Mike Sangrey sword-devel@crosswire.org
28 Nov 2002 11:35:17 -0500

On Wed, 2002-11-27 at 12:51, porton@narod.ru wrote:
> > I think hEN (rough breathing on EN) is simply the subject of EFEREN.
> > The idea being that one plant was carrying a load of 30 seeds, etc.
> >
> > I would have marked it A-NSN.
> I continue to consider it a bug:
> 2. Despite it cannot really confuse a human reader, it confuses the soft that
> G1722 G1520 is TWO strongs applied to one word, what is inconsistent with
> other cases in Byz when one word has two strongs as in these other cases it
> means that the word is composite word composed from two words (it would be
> like hENEN so composed from two strongs if it would be consistent with the
> rest of Byz).

Are you saying the text is marked with BOTH G1722 and G1520.  If so,
then I agree with you, that's not right.  It's G1520.  It's NOT a
preposition, it's the number.

I had thought the problem was with the marking of the word as an
adjective and as nominative, singular, neuter.

Mike Sangrey
Landisburg, Pa.
                        "The first one last wins."
            "A net of highly cohesive details reveals the truth."