[sword-devel] Copyright Efforts Update

Jonathan Hughes sword-devel@crosswire.org
25 Nov 2002 13:56:53 +0000

--=-8SYduTWsHHar41N6iw3e

Hey Everyone,

	Some of you might not know me, I am the Copyright Coordinator for
CrossWire Bible Society. So pretty much that means I try and negotiation
with Bible Societies and Publishers to distribute their works with The
SWORD Project. I wanted to update everyone on what is going on in the
copyright front:

Permission Letters:
	I have been waiting for some professional letterhead to be designed, so
that I can send professional looking letters to bible societies and
publishers. I finally have that so I am in the process of getting things
together to start sending out permission letters.

Copyright Website:
	There are a whole bunch of updates to the Copyright Website
(http://www.crosswire.org/sword/copyright/) in the contact information
section. I now have an easy way to update the copyright information for
each text module.

NEEDS:
Translations:
	I am in need of those people that are fluent in more than one language.
There is a lot of contact information that I do not have especially from
those organizations that serve people that speak languages other than
English. So if you would like to help research contact information for
organizations that operate in another language please let me know. I
will eventually need some translation help when contacting those
organizations also...let me know if you are willing to help with that
too.
	RIGHT NOW IF SOME THAT KNOWS GERMAN WANTS TO HELP ME FILTER THROUGH
SOME CONTACT INFORMATION I HAVE RECEIVED PLEASE E-MAIL ME.

Copyright Contact Information:
	I still need help researching the contact information for Bible
societies and publishers. So if you are willing to help make my research
load a little easier please visit the Copyright Website and see what
text modules I still need contact information for.
(http://www.crosswire.org/sword/copyright/)

If anyone has questions or comments about the copyright efforts please
feel free to e-mail me directly. I would be more than happy to address
those.

In Christ,
Jonathan Hughes
Copyright Coordinator