[sword-devel] KJV2003 - 1 John 1:1-2

Jerry Hastings sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 24 Nov 2002 22:41:12 -0700

At 06:30 PM 11/24/2002 -0500, Matthew Donadio wrote:
>Hi,
>
>A couple of days ago I said that I may be unqualified for the KJV2003
>tagging project.  This afternoon I tried again with the aid of my
>NIV/UBS4 reverse interlinear to guide me.

Hello, Matthew.

I am excited by the work you and the others are doing. There is something
you and the others may want to consider.

This may not be a problem, but, if one is using only one source as a bases
for the work, what is produced could be a derivative of that source. there
is a saying that goes something like, "two sources is scholarship, one
source is plagiarism."  If the desire is to produce an independent work,
then the final judgement on how to do the work should be that of those
doing the work and not the judgement of others as revealed by their works.

Jerry