[sword-devel] Writing & Translation

Fri, 22 Nov 2002 16:46:36 -0700

--------------090702040206040107040508

Herald,
	We could use your translation work for sure!  I'm including a template
for our windows user interface.  You will find ones that have been done
for other languages in place you installed the windows software, under a
directory called uilocales.d.  You may also wish to look in locales.d
for Bible Book name translation files.  These are a little more
complicated though, so you might wish to try the uilocales.d file first.
  When you're done, you can test your locale by simply placing it in
this directory and it should show up as an option with the other languages.

	I look forward to ministering with you for our Lord!

		-Troy A. Griffitts.

Herald W. Tham wrote:
> Dear Sirs
>
> Thank you for your services made available so that all may be blessed by
> God's holy Word !
> I'm simply amazed.
>
> I would like to volunteer in the areas :
>
> 1. Writing
> 2. Translation - initially to my native language, Khasi spoken in North
> East India by the   Khasi Tribe. God willing .
>
> Thank you
>
> Herald W. Tham
> Lumshyiap Shanmari
> Upper Golflinks
> Shillong - 793001
> Meghalaya
> email - herald3@sancharnet.in <mailto:herald3@sancharnet.in>
> phone : 91-0364-590645

--------------090702040206040107040508

[Meta]

# this should be something like: de
Name=

# this should be something like: German
Description=

# you may provide information like: Joe Translator <jt@domain.org>
Translator=

[Text]

# these strings should be provided like:
# &About=&Über
# any '&' characters designate a 'hotkey' in the user interface
#
# this '&' should precede a logical letter in your translation
# and need not be the same letter or position as in the English.

&About=
About The SWORD Project=
&Add=
&Add Bookmark=
Add Current Verse To List=
Add New Bookmark File=
Are you sure you wish to delete this entry?=
Autosave Other Bookmarks=
Autosave Personal Bookmarks=
Autosave Screen Layout=
BackBtnImage=
Bible Text=
Biblical Texts=
Body Text:=
Bookmark=
Bookmarks=
Bookmark Section Title:=
Book Name=
Bottom:=
Bring Up Search Window=
&Cancel=
Cancel=
Case Sensitive=
Chapter=
Chapter Heading=
Chapter Headings=
Check Modules To Show As Tabs=
Choose Module=
&Close=
Combo/Edit Fields=
Commentaries=
Commentary Text=
Contents=
&Copy=
Copy All Entries To Clipboard=
Copy as &B-Greek Transliteration=
Create a New Verse List Window=
Create Verse List=
Create Verse&List From Result=
Current Verse Color=
Daily Devotionals=
Default Devotional=
Default General Dictionary=
Define Custom Range=
Definitions=
&Delete Entry=
Delete Entry=
Description=
Devotional of the Day=
Devotion for Today=
Dictionary Lookup=
Display=
Display Colors=
&Edit=
&Edit Bookmarks / Tree View...=
&Edit Entry=
Edit Entry=
eg. mat-jo;rev4=
"Entire Module","Current Results","Custom Range"=
E&xit=
&File=
File exists.  Overwrite?=
File Name (without extension):=
Font:=
Font and Size=
Font Size:=
Footer Text:=
Formatting Options=
Found New Module...=
General=
Glossaries / General Dictionaries=
Greek=
Halt=
Header/Footer=
Header Text:=
Hebrew=
&Help=
Hide / Show Modules=
Individual Modules (Font Only)=
Install Manager=
Language=
Left:=
Lexicon/Dictionary Text=
Lexicons / Dictionaries=
Link to Comment for Verse...=
Load Verse List From File=
Lookup Entry=
Maintain Custom Ranges=
Margins (Inches)=
match=
matches=
Module=
Module Name=
"Multi Word","Phrase","Regular Expression"=
&New Search Window=
&New Verse List=
OK=
Options=
Original Language Support - Default Modules=
Overwrite File=
Page &p of &t=
Page Setup=
Paragraph Format=
Parsing=
Personalize=
Postfixed ...(John 1:1 KJV)=
&Preferences...=
Preferences=
Prefixed (John 1:1 KJV)...=
P&review...=
Preview=
Preview...=
&Print=
&Print...=
Print All Entries=
Printer&s...=
Print Footer=
Print Header=
Print Range=
Print Selection=
Print Source=
Range Name=
Range Text=
Reference=
&Remove=
Remove Highlighted Entry From List=
Right:=
&Save=
S&ave Layout=
Save Verse List To File=
Scheme=
Scope=
&Search=
Search=
Search...=
SearchBtnImage=
Searching=
Search Options=
Search Type=
Search Verse List=
Select Color...=
Select Font...=
Show Devotional at Startup=
Show Devotionals as Dictionaries=
Show Devotional Splash Screen on Startup=
Show Glossaries as Dictionaries=
Show Glossary Lookup Over Words (CTRL-W)=
Show Hint Pop-ups=
Show Lexicon Lookup Over Strongs Numbers=
Show Preview Over Verse Lists=
Special Modules=
Strong's Numbered Text=
Strong's Numbers <...>=