[sword-devel] Copyright issues

Jonathan Hughes sword-devel@crosswire.org
09 Nov 2002 11:59:54 +0000

--=-YDfVYL37cGCuUrdOBble

Barry,

	Thanks for posting this. I too went through a while were I could not
figure out who I was suppose to get into contact with concerning the
NIV. But finally I was able to get a hold of a Judy Day at the
International Bible Society that let me know that she was the person to
contact. So in conclusion your fearless Copyright Coordinator is in the
know! :)=20

Jonathan Hughes
jhughes@crosswire.org

On Sat, 2002-11-09 at 18:06, Barry Drake wrote:
> Hi there .......
>=20
> I just took the following from some advertising stuff that I received:
>=20
> New International Version or New International Reader's Version (NIV or=20
> NIrV).
>=20
> Permission requests for commercial use within the UK, EEC, and EFTA=20
> countries must be directed to, and approved in writing, by Hodder &=20
> Stoughton Publishers, 338 Euston Road, London NW1 3BH, England.
> Permission requests for commercial use within the US and Canada must be=20
> directed to, and approved in writing, by Zondervan Publishing House.=20
>=20
> Permission requests for non-commercial use must be directed to, and=20
> approved in writing by, the International Bible Society, 1820 Jet Stream=20
> Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80921-3696, USA.=20
>=20
> I've only ever heard Zondervan mentioned on this list with regard to the=20
> NIV - it seems we ought to be in touch with the IBS.
>=20
> God bless,
> Barry
>=20
> -- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Arnold and the Netherfield=
=20
> United Reformed Churches, Nottingham see http://www.arnold-urc.supanet.co=
m=20
> and http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for our church homepages). =20