[sword-devel] Chinese Beta Modules

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 09:36:36 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:

> 2 new beta modules are available, thanks to Steve Tang's recent efforts!
>   Thanks Steve!!!  They are in the usual beta download area either from
> the web or installmgr:
>
> UNV		- traditional
> UNVs		- simplified
>
> and they include Strong's numbers!
>
> Try em out and let us know what you think so we can get them to the
> general public quickly!

I just have a couple of comments about the module name that I think should
be addressed before we release publicly.

These Bibles are identical to the ChiGU & ChiGUs modules except for the
inclusion of Strong's numbers, correct?  I think the "UNV" and "GU" are
significantly different, though they're trying to express the same thing.

We also, with only a couple of exceptions that will eventually be fixed,
always preface version names with 3-letter abbreviations of the language
name--here "Chi" for Chinese.  Minimally we need to add something like
that.

I don't have a suggestion for reconciling GU & UNV or for expressing that
this module contains Strongs.

--Chris