[sword-devel] fonts in X11

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 28 May 2002 00:23:02 -0700 (PDT)

Could any of you people who have dealt with this issue help me out.  I'm
trying to install some unicode fonts in X11 so that I can use non-Latin-1
modules with BT & GS.  I am using RedHat 7.3 fresh install + Ximian.  RH
uses xfs & obviously doesn't include DrakeFont.

I can get the fonts that I am trying to install (Code 2000, Code 2001, &
Arial Unicode MS) to show up in both BT & GS, but they appear to be
double-width, like "I n   t h e   b e g i n n i n g".  Also, the Peshitta
module is displaying as boxes even when I have the font set to Code 2000.
Any clues?

How can you people stand to use Linux, it's such a pain? ;)

--Chris