[sword-devel] RPM package improvements

Stuart D. Gathman sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 22 May 2002 13:00:32 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 22 May 2002, Martin Gruner wrote:

> > My spec includes the man pages and html docs with the devel package in
> > /usr/share/doc/sword-devel-1.5.3.  Should the man pages be installed in
> > /usr/share/man/man3?  There a lot of them.
>
> No. They are only relevant for the development and would blow up the
> installation in size, as well as the html files in the api-doc directory. Not
> necessary for users.

As was mentioned, they are only installed with the devel package.  The question
was: when the devel package *is* installed, should the man pages go in the
/usr/share/doc/sword-devel-1.5.3 directory, where they are out of the way
but harder to consult, or in the /usr/share/man/man3 directory.

--
			Stuart D. Gathman <stuart@bmsi.com>
		"Microsoft is the QWERTY of Operating Systems" - SDG