[sword-devel] 1.5.3 on OSX

dave willis sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 30 Mar 2002 05:42:44 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 30 Mar 2002, Nathan Youngman wrote:

> Ok. So now I have all that figured out. It seems that running
> "diatheke" doesn't work, but "./diatheke" works fine. Does this seem
> odd to anyone but me?

welcome to the world of unix.  in case you weren't aware, os x is actually
the mac os rebuilt upon unix/linux.  hence, commmand line stuff is the
same (from what i know), and it's fairly easy to port unix apps to os x.
i was actually quite surprised to find out that os x runs regular mac apps
because i thought it was a whole new breed.  i've love to get a mac now so
i could have the best of both worlds (i'm into audio/music on the computer
as well).  but i'm getting off topic...

> Also add lib/.libs/libsword.a to the project (made a copy from the
> hidden directory).

the directories (and files as well) starting with a dot being hidden is a
unix thing as well.

-dave