[sword-devel] Mac OS X make errors

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 22:23:40 -0800

--Apple-Mail-1--788483816

I think I've got all the Mac OS X make issues figured out now.

My first step was to reinstall my OS, which apparently had some weird
path issues.  Then I at least got to see the same errors as nic pointed
out.

The two dirent.h related errors are easily fixed, and I'll send Troy a
patch this evening.  We're also able to remove the Mac OS X-specific
include that immediately preceded them because Apple appears to have
gotten their act together and released a working set of headers along
with X.1.

The error that nic didn't figure out (and that I didn't either until
just now) is being caused by the line:
/bin/sh ./libtool --mode=link c++  -g -O0 -Werror   -o testlib
testlib.o -Llib -lsword -lstdc++ -lz

Specifically, the "-Llib" portion is being interpreted as "-llib" (a
library to link, not a location of the libraries).  Changing it to
"-L./lib" makes everything happy.

So is this change going to have any adverse effect on other platforms?
It seems like it should not, but I know next to nothing about autotools.

--Chris

--Apple-Mail-1--788483816

I think I've got all the Mac OS X make issues figured out now.

My first step was to reinstall my OS, which apparently had some weird
path issues.  Then I at least got to see the same errors as nic
pointed out.

The two dirent.h related errors are easily fixed, and I'll send Troy a
patch this evening.  We're also able to remove the Mac OS X-specific
include that immediately preceded them because Apple appears to have
gotten their act together and released a working set of headers along
with X.1.

The error that nic didn't figure out (and that I didn't either until
just now) is being caused by the line:

-g -O0 -Werror   -o testlib  testlib.o -Llib -lsword -lstdc++ -lz</color>