[sword-devel] 1.5.3 progress

Troy A. Griffitts sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 19:39:14 -0700

Thank you!  Your test to reproduce the crash was just what I needed!  I
think it's fixed.  Please let me know how things go.  I ran your test
program with codeguard and it reports clean now.


Joachim Ansorg wrote:
> Troy,
>         thank you for posting the current status.
> > THANK YOU TO EVERYONE SUBMITTING PATCHES!  It's great to have so much
> > help!
> Sorry that I don't have patches for this, but I think I've found an example
> program why BibleTime crashes. I noticed that BibleTime crashed after I
> searched multiple times in the EnumaElish module.
> I attached a test program, which leads to crashed every time.
> If I run "gbs_test EnumaElish" the output is:
>         Search 1 completed without using ListKey.
>         Search 2 completed without using ListKey.
>         Search 3 completed without using ListKey.
>         Search 4 completed without using ListKey.
>         Segmentation fault
> This happens every time.
> If I comment out the first search loop and enable the second the output of
> "gbs_test EnumaElish" is:
>         Search 1 completed with 531 items
>         Segmentation fault.
> If I run "gbs_test BBE" or "gbs_test Eastons" it works just fine. So I think
> it's a problem with the GBS classes, but I don't know where I can find the
> bug. I hope the example program helps you to find the problems.
> Thank you for all your help, Troy!
> Joachim
>   ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>                    Name: gbs_test.cpp
>    gbs_test.cpp    Type: C++Builder Source File (application/x-unknown-content-type-BCBUnit)
>                Encoding: base64