[sword-devel] newbie problem making a module

fred smith sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 23 Jun 2002 13:52:38 -0400

Gentlepersons:

I'm trying to build a module from a full bible text and am not understanding
why it isn't working. I'd appreciate some advice...

The file I'm working from has exactly 31102 lines in it. Each line begins
with the name of the book, a space, and the chapter:verse, and a space,
then the text of the verse. The book names are as shown in struct sbook
in canon.h.

There are no blank lines, and no lines other than as described above.

Each line ends with a newline, there are no carriage-returns.

When i run vpl2mod against it, I get a large number of messages about
overwriting Genesis 1:1, and it leaves me with four files, ot.vss, ot,
nt.vss, and nt.

vpl2mod is invoked like this:

	vpl2mod foo.vpl . 1

I ran mod2vpl against a downloaded module and the result looks, AFAIK,
essentially the same as what I'm trying to work with.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks a bunch!

Fred