[sword-devel] I created lexicons/dictionary editor with GTK 2

Victor Porton sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 22 Jun 2002 15:49:24 +0600

I just created a lexicon/dictionary editor in C++ using GTK+ 2.0. It is tested
with Linux.

The project frontpage is http://gldedit.sourceforge.net .

The current version can edit entries only as plain text. No support for
WYSIWIG HTML editing yet.

THIS IS IN ALPHA STAGE OF DEVELOPMENT. BACKUP YOUR DATA BEFORE EDITING IT WITH
THIS PROGRAM!

You can download the source from CVS:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.gldedit.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/gldedit checkout

There are some tasks need to be done, there are bugs (see the file TODO in the
distribution). Anyone wanting to join development, mail me.

And the problem remains: I haven't found the way to test whether the given LD
has the given key. So the program works somehow wrongly with entering _new_
entries.

May be it is possible to port it to Windows? with GTK for Windows?.. (Are
there GTK+ 2.0 for Windows?) I don't know.

P.S. See the source about FIXME for a wrong behavior related with resetting of
Sword keys after getRawEntry(). Probably it is a bug in Sword. Or mine?
--
Victor Porton (porton@ex-code.com)