[sword-devel] X11 install mgr question?

nic sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 22:12:31 +1000

I was wondering if it was possible to compile it atm?  there's some
issues with the Make stuff in the apps/X11 dirs, with the InstallMgr
doing:

c++  -g -O2  -o installmgr  main.o callbacks.o MainFrm.o
-L../../../../lib -lVCL -lSM -lICE -L/sw/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lgtk
-lgdk -lgmodule -lglib -ldl -lintl -lXext -lX11 -lm ../intl/libintl.a
-lsword -L ../../VCL -lz
/usr/bin/ld: -L: directory name missing
make[2]: *** [installmgr] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

at one stage, putting a nasty space after the "-L" flag...  anyway,
editing that to be fine still has issues with VCL, cause in the VCL
directory I don't know how to compile it, or do whatever you're meant to
do with it?  the Makefile in there just points you back to the base dir
of sword.......  did a fresh cvs co and it still doesn't seem all that
happy, altho this may be cause the x11 install mgr is old, and no longer
works, or I'm just too tired to make things work?

thanks for listening to my ramblings yet again...  :)  all your info and
updates re the windows frontend makes me want to have access to a
windows box to give it a go, but shall stick to my linux and mac...  :)
FYI I gave it a go under WINE the other day, and it didn't fail all that
badly...  tis all wine's fault, of course!  ;)

love ybic
	nic...  :)

"Morality may keep you out of jail, but it takes
  the blood of Christ to keep you out of Hell."
	-- Charles Spurgeon

  Interested in finding out more about God, Jesus,
      Christianity and "the meaning of life"?
       Visit http://www.christianity.net.au