[sword-devel] new beta 1.5.4betaG

Sat, 15 Jun 2002 06:54:09 -0700

OK everyone,
	Here's the latest stuff (link at the bottom).  I'm probably gonna forget
something:

	1) Basic unicode searching.
	2) unicode LD lookup box and key list (doesn't work for me, but might be
my fonts)
	3) prefs to toggle strongs hint popups
	4) full unicode / rtf display of strongs hints
	5) many little bug fixes.  Thanks for reporting them, keep us posted /
remind us if your bug hasn't been fixed.

STILL TODO (please volunteer if you're interested in any of these):

	1) calc size of hint box (it's a static size right now)
	2) if hint box hits some max size (like 40% of the screen), and still
isn't big enough, we need some graphic to BE SURE to show people they
are not getting all definition. (jagged bottom?)
	3) make unicode search work better	-OSK?
	4) make unicode search one line preview work	-OSK?
		About this, does TListView allow a cell (column) to be assigned a control
class?  If so, could we use the TntEdit for the display?
	5) add verse lookup hints	-TAG
	6) printing	- DTROTZJR?
	7) more bug fixes
	8) new bookmark file add [...] button and use standard Save As dialog
	9) Add export to installmgr
	10) Change installmgr to use CURL so I can compile it again
	11) move much of installmgr functionality to engine (after 1.5.4?)
	12) get working bcb6 project files commited
	13) review and fix anomalies in hint pref checkbox logic 	-DTROTZ?
	14) change more of our #verselist| logic to real tags (GBF or ThML)
Specifically, TSK and Naves?	-OSK?
	15) BDB @ showing as letter in LORD entry 3063 and elsewhere	-OSK?
	16) on mainfrm::FormShow, we should see if special module prefs are all
assigned, and if not, assign to first module that matches the functionality.
	17) strongs and footnote color in color table seems to be gone.  Did we
actually ever assign a color in gbfrtf?
	18) change Save Layout/Bookmarks/etc prefs checkbox to AutoSave
Layout/Bookmarks/etc

	This is all I can think of.  Thanks again for all the time spend helping.
  Your feedback is wonderful.  I know we haven't gotten to everything,
but we've got the mail archives so it's noted (and we won't get offended
if you remind us :) ).

	Enjoy,
		-Troy.

http://www.crosswire.org/sword/ALPHAcckswwlkrfre22034820285912/alpha/sword-1.5.4betaG.zip