[sword-devel] Advertising

Victor Porton sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 21:51:07 +0600

Occasionally I am now writing a tool for advertising software in Internet. (It
will greatly simplify tracking the download sites to which various versions of
the software was submitted.)

I am going to permit free usage of this tool for advertising non-commercial
software such as Sword.

The tool is a set of PHP 4 scripts running on a webserver (and a Web browser
as the client). It uses a database. (I use PostgreSQL, but porting to other
databases is simple.)

We can place it on crosswire.org or sf.net and give to it access to certain
project members (under a password) and use it to advertise Sword
(advertisement may be doing by a dedicated person or collectively). Interested
persons will be able to download the tool and install to their own computes
(provided that these has support for webservers, PHP and databases.)

Also may be I will find time to advertise Sword related projects by the way of
my commercial advertising, but in such the case I need the permissions to
distribute Sword etc. under the trademark of Extreme Code Software (see
http://ex-code.com) as I would place the links to Sword together with the
links to commercial software. (Just by technical reasons (to not enter every
time two different logins and passwords), not because I would want place Sword
under this trademark.)

Huh?
--
Victor Porton (porton@narod.ru)