AW: [sword-devel] Marketing of sword initiative?

JP Horst sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 17:41:11 +0200

Originally I thought:

Since there is a chinese module, there area loads of chinese speaking
people, many find to Christ right now there and they probably are in
need for a cheap solution, why not post banners on e.g. the chinese
yahoo site. However, there are two hurdles:
1) that would cost money (one could try to find sponsors)
2) since I don't speak Chinese I can't even read the info in order to
plot the next steps, e.g. find out what it would cost.

Therefore, maybe someone else (Chinese speaker) feels called to do this
or do it together with me.

Another approach would be:
1) Gather a list of bible schools, missionary organizations & bible
translation/spreading societies
2) Put together some marketing material (e.g. a pdf page with
screenshots, features, available modules and link)
3) Mail it to 1), e.g. to have them post 2) on their bulletin boards
4) Let the sword website be flooded with download requests

Again another approach would be to start a chain mail, e.g. with the pdf
page, to christian friends around the world. This can also nicely be
combined with the last approach.

Jens-Peter