[sword-devel] R/w CVS

Barry Drake sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 11:33:44 +0100

Hi there ........

I'll keep this short: it is in response to the dialogue between Martin and
Victor and I respect that this is barely on-topic.

The Masoretes largely followed the tradition which had been handed down to
them.  But they were heavily influenced by the rapid rise of Christianity.
This is why they rejected the extant and well accepted Septuagint which by
that time had become the Christian bible.  For us, the Septuagint
represents faithfully and well the way in which the bible was understood by
Jesus, his disciples and by Paul.  I respect what Victor is trying to say -
but I think Martin is very wise in stating that it is false to go too far
out on a limb, both rejecting tradition and scholarship.  I respect both.

God bless,
Barry

>From Barry Drake (The Revd - minister of the Arnold and the Netherfield
United