[sword-devel] R/w CVS

chris sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 10:56:19 -0500

On Thursday 06 June 2002 14:48, you wrote:
> > I am not sure if I really understood what exactly you want to do, and
> > which purpose you have with it. Could you explain more detailed? It seems
> > that you have a long-reaching vision for your project, but I am not sure
> > what the theory is that you follow.
> > Afaik -- also judging from our chat in #sword-devel -- you reject the
> > masoretic vowels and want to introduce other vowel patterns to the
> > consonant text, in order to create new texts and to receive prophecies
> > through the new texts?
>
> Exactly. 19/20 or so of Bible was lost because of Catholics accepted
> masoretic vowels and Protestants haven't denied. Now Reformation continues:
> Inserting vowels in different ways we get many new Bibles!!! Bible says
> that the book of law was lost.

Only if you don't know how to read.

> Moreover the Judaists which have inserted the vowels was the same kind of
> people which proclaimed the come of "other Messiah". Accounting this it is
> not wonderful that these have chosen almost the worst variant of vowels
> (almost correct, but weak). While masoretic text says about sheeps and
> wheat, other translations say about computers (example: Isa. 21:11-12 --
> "prophecy about Doom") and stars.
> Reaction of Protestants on this is quite strange: while saying "vowels has
> no holy sense", the most reject the concept of reading Bible without
> vowels, which is just illogical. Some are the real persons from anecdotes
> about unbelieving American missionaries: "-- I have readied in Bible in
> ancient Hebrew that... -- You don't know Hebrew... you don't have Hebrew
> Bible text... -- I know, I have,,, --- You haven't"! Dark age, exactly
> Catholics in Reformation!
>
> And one more silly thing: an Judaist has said me: Christians read Torah
> without vowels (Would I want to find these brothers!) and get things like
> "a Son of God". If at that moment I would be of Judaism religion, I would
> convert to Christ that second!

Jew's already know that they are G-d's firstborn son. So every Jew is a son
of G-d.

> Well, being more exact: I am going not just "introduce new vowel patterns",
> but even consider the Hebrew text without vowels at all with "holy grammar"
> without vowels.
>
> > > I'm going to incorporate it in the general purpose Bible study tools
> > > like BibleTime and GnomeSword, creating special widget sets for this.
> > > It will
> >
> > You should probably formulate this a little different, since you are not
> > an admin of either project. Speaking for BibleTime now, I am very careful
> > about your plans. Since you are not an active developer up to now and for
> > quite a while more, plus I am not sure about your plans, you no longer
> > have r/w cvs access, and I want you to submit patches first.
> > It would be nice if you could change your attitude a little. These are
> > not your projects, and you should ask kindly and explain more instead of
> > demanding and criticising. Nobody will keep you from starting own
> > projects, but if you want to contribte to existing projects you will have
> > to adhere to the rules. That does not mean you are not welcome! But you
> > should be careful as to how you act.
>
> Oh, I haven't before any demands and critics about vowels.
>
> What you mean by the rules? ;-)
>
> I think I shouldn't be very careful because God has said me "I will
> separate". Because of this prophecy it seems that someday the projects will
> be splitten. (I don't know whether it may happen because of religios
> reasons or just because of some technical ones.)
>
> P.S. What bad I did? I just create the software for creating dictionaries
> of Hebrew linked to the forms encountered in the text instead of primary
> forms. And I am sued. Is it bad?
>
> P.P.S. My mission was committed by wonders: When I was a teenager and had
> $1 God given me all the necessary Hebrew matherials gratis after the
> prayer. (And I even received the Hebrew text in exactly the next day of the
> day when I decided that at the next day I can try to read Bible in Hebrew!)
> It is a great wonder. And even money sometimes has fallen on me from the
> sky!

What nice little anti-semetic remarks. Ever think that the Jew's should know
how to read something that they have passed down father to son for almost
4000 years? Only someone who doesn't know how to read it needs vowels.

--
Psalms 146:3 (Jewish Publication Society TaNaKh)
Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no