[sword-devel] What character encoding should I use.

Steve Juranich sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 17:27:04 -0700

Hello all.

I just wanted to announce myself to the list.  My main interests for this
project are in localization (don't let my name fool you, I speak fluent
Vietnamese, and I'm getting started on Croatian).  I also might be able to
help out with the "writing" stuff.  I don't know if I'll be able to help with
any technical docs, but I'd be happy to contact publishers for licenses to
distribute and all.

I have a question about the localization stuff.  Which encoding are we to use
when we write the localization files?  Unicode?  Some funky M$ encoding?  As
soon as I figure this out I'll get started on the Vietnamese files.  I also
see that there's no Croatian Bible text available for SWORD, but there is one
for BibleDataBase.  I'd be happy to work on converting this as well, again as
soon as I hear what the preferred encoding is for the text modules.

God bless!

Stephen W. Juranich                             sjuranic@ee.washington.edu
Electrical Engineering             http://students.washington.edu/sjuranic
University of Washington                http://ssli.ee.washington.edu/ssli