[sword-devel] NIV electronic licencing

Steve Tang sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 05:56:11 -0600 (MDT)

> I agree 100%, but I'm not sure what version would be the replacement.
> The NIV and NASB are very good, the KJV is pretty poor by today's standards.

I think the translations should be copy-righted. But I also think the free
ones are more than what we need, i.e. Sword is already offering enough for
both lay and clergy.

I'd agree that NASB is very good. But I don't think much of NIV. Yes it's
easy to read and good for non-believers in that respect. But for anything
more than casual reading I wouldn't recommend it.

However, I'd still vote for us to pursue making these copy-righted
versions somehow available, even NIV.

Steve Tang...