[sword-devel] NIV electronic licencing

Don A. Elbourne Jr. sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 10:27:01 -0500

I agree. I am also getting tired of people making a profit off of water,
electricity, and food. Didn't god create these things? What right does a
person have to sell them and make a profit on God's creation?

by grace alone,

Don A. Elbourne Jr.
http://elbourne.org

----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg Marine" <gregmarine@iccnet.org>
To: <sword-devel@crosswire.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2002 8:48 AM
Subject: Re: [sword-devel] NIV electronic licencing

> Just my two cents on licensing...
>
> I'm so frustrated by the fact that "God's Word" is licensed at all. I
understand that money had to be involved with the translating/publishing
process, but the fact texts like NIV is "licensed" means profit. I'm
beginning to sway away from such versions and translations and moving
towards public domain texts. I'm doing the same with Windows to Linux. I've
even paid for a distribution just because of the freedoms in the GNU GPL
license.

> Anyway, as I said, it's just my two cents. Thanks for listening to my
little rant :-)

> God Bless <><
> Greg
>
> Let your prayer requests be known
> http://www.iccnet.org/prayer/
> Internet Community Church Ministries
> http://www.iccnet.org/

> "Jesus said...I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the
Father except through me." John 14:6