[sword-devel] Trying to Compile Diatheke on RH 6.2... again.

Timothy R. Butler sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 17:51:04 -0600

Hi everyone,
   Well, after giving up several months ago, I decided to try building
Diatheke and Sword as a *user* in RedHat 6.2. After spending a half hour or
so deleting different object files in the src directory, I finally got a
finished sword.a installed in ~/sword/lib (at least I think it's finished).
Anyway, so I finished that, but now I'm back to having problems compiling
diatheke.
  When I go into diatheke's directory, and type make, it chugs along for a
few moments, and then says:

----------------
gcc   -L../../../lib/  -o diatheke  diatheke.o corediatheke.o -lsword
-lstdc++ -lz
corediatheke.o: In function `doquery(int, char, char, char, char const *,
char const *, char const *)':
corediatheke.o(.text+0x2303): undefined reference to
`UnicodeRTF::UnicodeRTF(void)'
corediatheke.o(.text+0x29b7): undefined reference to
`UnicodeRTF::UnicodeRTF(void)'

  Any ideas what I need to do?

  Thanks,
       Tim