[sword-devel] General Book Support

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 11:45:15 -0800

> EXACTLY! :D There are only a small group of programmers
> working on Sword, but I think many many more people out there
> are capable of tagging texts with ThML mark up. Anyone can do
> that. Once we have a ThML manager/viewer I think that many
> more people would join the effort of placing texts into ThML.
> It would not be long before Sword could boast of having more
> texts available in their format than Logos or QuickVerse.

I would like to see 1000 modules complete by year's end.  We're about
740 modules from that goal right now.  Between everything in OLB and
everything on CCEL, I think we've got a signifigant body of works to
import.

> I am just wondering, since this jump to general book support
> is so huge, wouldn't it warrant a 2.0 designation?

It's not that huge, in terms of the library.  :)  It's huge in terms of
utility and user experience, but it uses such a similar API to our other
classes that some utilities written for RawText & the other drivers
still work for RawGenBook.

--Chris