[sword-devel] OT: Announcing ChristianSource FSLUG

Timothy R. Butler sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 19:18:39 -0600

Hello Lloyd,
> I do have a question, however.  I have not taken the plunge and tried out
> Linux, though I have thought very seriously about it; my "tentmaking" job
> is that of IT Director for the Voice of the Martyrs.  When you talk about
> "Free Software," are you referring to software that only runs on Linux or
> are you referring to software that runs on Windows?

  Free Software ("open source") is a reference to
http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/free-sw.html which includes Windows software
such as The Sword Project for Windows, however our main focus is on Linux. As
long as you are interested in Linux anyway though (even though you haven't
"taken the plunge"), and going by your membership on Sword-devel, free
software in Windows too, you probably would enjoy the list.

  We'd be glad to have you. :-)

  -Tim

Timothy R. Butler | Universal  Networks | http://www.uninet.info
tbutler@uninetsolutions.com          ICQ: 12495932 AIM: Uninettm