[sword-devel] Kylix CLX bindings and test program

Daniel Glassey sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 20:14:49 +0000

> There is a new 'bindings' subdirectory with a helper flatapi.cpp that
> exports a flat extern "C" interface the to SWORD API (or some of it, at
> least for now).
>
> In bindings/clx you will find Kylix / CLX bindings to the SWORD API.
>
> There is a test program under bindings/clx/test1 if anyone would like to
> see how to use it.
>
> * FINALLY: THERE IS A BINARY that I would love to hear the outcome, if
> you try it on your linux box.  Please report on what distro you are
> experimenting.  The tarball contains the Qt version that Kylix wants.
> Please, also let me know if your default Qt lib worked or if you needed
> the one in the tarball.  I'll paste the code for this program at the end
> of this message so you can get an idea of how the clx sword components
> work.
>
> * WARNING: The libsword.so that is shipped with the tarball MUST BE USED
> over any older libsword.so.  I just realized IT WAS BUILT WITH NEW
> DEFAULT ./configure OPTIONS WHICH MEANS IT IS LOOKING FOR
> sword.conf in
> /usr/local/etc/sword.conf  Please adjust.  Thanks again!

distro Debian testing/unstable
after a few twiddles it worked

the symlinks for libqt and 	libqtinf are wrong /usr/local/kylix2
need to link
	libqtintf-6.5-qt2.3.so -> libqtintf-6.5.0-qt2.3.so
remove the libqt link, works ok with the system library
need to link libstdc++ as it is named differently on debian
	libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2 -> /usr/lib/libstdc++-3-libc6.1-2-2.10.0.so

it had to be run as
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./ ./test1
(dunno why the script clxSWORD didn't work)

Looking great, great work :)
Daniel