[sword-devel] Compile error :(

Daniel Glassey sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 14:00:46 -0000

On 6 Jan 2002 at 10:35, David Trotz sent forth the message:

> I hate to be a bug... But I really was looking forward to working on
> sword this week and I couldn't. Can someone please fix the latest
> sword on the cvs, it still does not compile.
>
> David

Is your disk full or something? write failed shouldn't happen. I don't know anything about c++ builder errors, but
if that isn't it is there anything in the compiler docs that gives a clue?

>   [C++ Error] maketree.c(30): E2040 Declaration terminated incorrectly
28:void maketree(uInt b, inflate_huft *t)
29:{
30:  int i, e;

??? it doesn't seem to like this for some reason.
Try
int i;
int e;

>   [C++ Error] maketree.c(35): E2188 Expression syntax
>   [C++ Error] maketree.c(36): E2188 Expression syntax

35:    e = t[i].exop;
36:    if (e && (e & (16+64)) == 0)        /* table pointer */

These will be because e is undefined.

>   In Christ,
>   David Trotz

Nothing has changed in this file (src/utilfuns/zlib/maketree.c) for months so it's likely to be something else. Are
there any unusual warnings before this happens?

Actually from the file:
/* WARNING: this file should *not* be used by applications. It is
   part of the implementation of the compression library and is
   subject to change. Applications should only use zlib.h.
 */

/* This program is included in the distribution for completeness.
   You do not need to compile or run this program since inffixed.h
   is already included in the distribution.  To use this program
   you need to compile zlib with BUILDFIXED defined and then compile
   and link this program with the zlib library.  Then the output of
   this program can be piped to inffixed.h. */

try just deleting maketree.c from the build file. According to the above it shouldn't be needed?

Daniel