[sword-devel] Build problems with CVS

Jerry Kreps sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 13:01:13 -0600

On Sunday 06 January 2002 10:52, Joachim Ansorg wrote:
> Hi!
>
> After I got a new PC (Athlon 1.2GHz) the CVS of Sword won't build
> cleanly. At the end I get a long list of unresolved references. I
> found out that Swords makesystem doesn't call "ar" on some object
> files so they are not integrated into the library. The missing
> object files are randomly "chosen" by the Makefiles.
>
> 1.5.2 builds fine.
>
> Does somebody know which parts were changed in CVS since 1.5.2?
> This would really make things easier for me.
>
> Joachim

I have the same kind of box.  I could'n't compile the CVS either
until Chris suggested that I go to several of the subdirectories and
do a manual 'make clean' in them.  Then I could compile.  But, the
libsword.a file is 19.3MB, not 1.6MB as the binary package installed.
Haven't figured out why, yet.
JLK