[sword-devel] ThML importer

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 08:40:48 -0800 (PST)

I've got a ThML book importer written.  There's a screenshot of
BibleTime with two books produced simply by running it on a pair
of ThML files at
http://www.chiasma.org/~chrislit/bible/bt-genbook2.jpg .

This adds about a hundred new books that we can use, virtually
immediately.  And as new ThML books are added to CCEL (or old books are
converted to ThML) those can also be used immediately.

As a bonus, the importer is written in C.  So it can be compiled and
distributed to users (unlike the Perl scripts I use for most of my
converters).  And it will be easy to integrate into other programs, such
as InstallMgr--so that we can have it download directly from CCEL &
generate the book on the fly.

--Chris