[sword-devel] World Bible Translations Center

Poetry Poon sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 19:09:10 +0800

Dear all,

Actually their Chinese translation is quite good. A very modern
Chinese translation and easy to read.

In Lord Jesus,
Poetry

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joel Mawhorter" <joel_mawhorter@yahoo.com>
To: <sword-devel@crosswire.org>
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2002 10:39 AM
Subject: [sword-devel] World Bible Translations Center

Hi all,

Does anyone know anything about the World Bible Translations Center
(www.wbtc.com)? There have done translations of the Bible into a
number of
languages and have a number of them on there website for free
download. They
even allow electronic redistribution (although they require premission
post translations on a server). They seem to focus on easy of
readability. In
fact their English version is the Easy to Read Version which was
targeted at
the deaf. I am especially interested in their Chinese and various
Indic
language translations. However, I have no way of evaluating the
quality of
their translations since I can't read any language except English :-(.
That
is why I'm wondering if anyone on this list knows anything about the
organization.

Thanks,

Joel