[sword-devel] Copyright Law

Jorge Chacón sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 08:36:24 -0600

Would the "Reina Valera rev 1960" in Spanish fall into this category?  I
think their copyright would then end in 2010, and it IS the most read bible
version is Spanish.  Maybe the shortening of their copyright period would
prod them into letting the Sword Project use it earlier.

What about the Old testament of the RSV, copyrighted in 1952?

Jorge

<snip>

I have been following this for several years. I am sure there are many
commentaries and religious works that would fall into this window if Eldred
wins the case, but are their any Bible translations that would be affected
either now or in the near future?

Don A. Elbourne Jr.
http://elbourne.org

<snip>