[sword-devel] 1.5.3 + optimizations

David Blue sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 02:55:56 -0500

On Wednesday 13 February 2002 06:48 pm, you wrote:
> Hello all,
> 	If there is anything else pressing that anyone wants to get in, please
> send me a patch soon, or suggest it here on the list and see if anyone
> is willing to do it.

Not so much as code that needs to go in but will 1.5.3 be compatible with
gcc3? I've got a system that lets me swap back and forth between gcc3.0.3 and
gcc2.96 and sword 1.5.2 refuses to compile under gcc3 it can't find the
prototypes for the isalpha function or some such thing. I can produce the
exact error if you need it. I know it's not just my system however, since it
sucessfully compiles under gcc2.96 (though I can't compile chetah with gcc3
if it is apparently ;_;) Oh, and in gcc3 the -m486 switch is deprecated and
now uses -march=ix86 (x can be 3-6) or -mcpu=ix86.