[sword-devel] Copyright warning

Jerry Hastings sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 19:22:25 -0700

>You are correct, I am one of those that skipped right over reading the
>license. :) I guess I ought to read it.

Save it for a sleepless night. :-)

>One of the things I would like to do, once the general book thing gets
>implemented is to select several good PD works, brand it somehow, perhaps
>with a custom splash screen, burn a ton of CDs and distribute them through
>our church. Is something like that allowable in the license agreement?
>Because if so, I think that would really be cool.

Funny you should ask. Something like this just came up on the support list.
Someone with a church wants to make some CDs and sell them at a fund
raiser. Under GPL this is no problem, IMO. But, some of the modules have
other licenses that could be a problem.

In your case, customizing the program and CDs would not be a problem for
the GPL either, IMO, as long as you keep the GPL portions GPL.

Jerry