[sword-devel] Re:help with step2vpl

Anthony & Kylie Kerr sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 05:39:12 +1100

Daniel Glassey wrote:
> Hi,
I've tried step2vpl on the free wordsearch lessonmaker step files and it
gives lots of lines the same. stepdump works ok. Could you try that and
let me know if it works. It is suspicious though that the file has a
different name. Also, there is a perl STEP reader here
http://home1.gte.net/~kbrannen/other.htm that would be worth trying as
well until sword can cope with the files.
> hth,
> Daniel

Daniel

Thanks for your email, I was trying to convert my Quickverse 4 modules
to sword so that I could get access to the NIV.  Someone else on the
mailing list kindly informed me that Quickverse 4 wasn't 100% STEP
compatible and so I gave up.

But it looks like our church is going to move to the new ESV translation
and so I would like to make a module out of the ESV (the software that
comes with the Bible is Wordsearch and the bible modules don't seem to
be in STEP format either.  So I have exported the text as Rich Text
Format and am now trying to work out how to convert the RTF to a sword
module.

I can't find prn2sword in the utilities directory?  Any help would be
appreciated.

yours in Christ
Anthony