[sword-devel] Copyright info plus corrections for Tok Pisin/Melanesian Pidgin Bible for PNG

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 03:27:16 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002, Rev. Michael Paul Johnson wrote:

> The Tok Pisin text I downloaded from Crosswire.org had some rather
> strange quote mark notations. I corrected many quotation mark problems
> and some mismarked verse bridges, converted it to GBF (so that I could
> easily convert it also to HTML and some other formats for local use),
> and uploaded it to ftp://ebible.org/pub/new/tokpisingbf.zip for your
> use. I assume that you can quickly and automatically convert it back to
> RAW format or use it directly, as you do for the World English Bible and
> the HNV.

Would it be possible for you to post an SFM version too (if it's not too
much trouble).  I've been working on SFM to OSIS tools using your WEB
SFM text and wouldn't mind just using that as a source format.  We're
going to have so much stuff in OSIS format quite soon that it will be
necessary for us to write OSIS to HTML/ThML/RTF/... filters for Sword
anyway.

Your SFM materials are a lot nicer (more tame) to work with than some of
the stuff I've seen lately. :)

--Chris