[sword-devel] ICU 2.2 for Sword

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 21:11:24 -0700 (MST)

I've got ICU 2.2 set to replace our older ICU 2.0 for stuff like BibleCS.
The icu-sword module in CVS is still the old one because it's about 20mb
and I can't upload it over the modem connection I have to use if I want to
use cvs.  To compile in Borland, the source needs to be extracted to the
same directory as the sword source tree, just like the current icu-sword
directory.  So... files available include:

The source code:
http://www.crosswire.org/sword/ALPHAcckswwlkrfre22034820285912/alpha/icu-sword.zip

The data dll compiled in VC++ (note that this replaces swicu20.dll and
is now called icusw22l.dll):
http://www.crosswire.org/sword/ALPHAcckswwlkrfre22034820285912/alpha/icusw22l.zip

And Troy's latest RC, built with ICU 2.2 (this includes the above dll):
http://www.crosswire.org/sword/ALPHAcckswwlkrfre22034820285912/alpha/sword-1.5.4rc2a.zip

If someone wants to remove the old icu-sword module and replace it with
this one, I would be grateful.

Something to note: I'm not quite done yet.  It all compiles but it doesn't
all work.  Transliteration to other than Latin may cause a fatal error.
It's relatively easy to fix, and I will do so tomorrow.  I also need to
try fixing one of the transliterators that isn't operating at all.

--Chris