[sword-devel] The Quran & BoM (was Glossary vs. Dictionary)

Joshua Holman sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 05:32:03 -0500

> The question is whether we, as a Christian ministry, should be
> distributing copies of the Quran or the Book of Mormon or such.

I know the OLB has the Quran on its CD but disclaims it's contents as
follows:

The KORAN  module is primarily intended for those doing evangelical
missionary work among the Moslem people or for those who wish to know
more about what the Moslems  believe.  The authors of the Online Bible
do not endorse anything written in the Koran  unless it agrees
completely with the infallible Word of God, the Bible.

I suggest we do the same for the BoM and the Quran. If we with-hold these
texts, we could be charged with censorship of other beliefs and could be
sued by a Mormon or Muslim that feels that way.

Joshua

PS: Sorry for the HTML email.