[sword-devel] Beta Z Suggestions

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 18:03:50 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, Daniel Freedman wrote:

> > > 5.  There needs to be a far clearer indication of which module is
> selected
> > > in each of the 3 categories.
> >
> > What would you propose we do?  I'm not sure there's much more to be done
> > besides standard tab behavior.
>
> Is it not possible to make the selected moduled tab text, a different colour
> (maybe white or a user defined colour)  is it not possible to add an icon to
> the select module (like in e-sword)?

Fair enough.  Sounds like a good suggestion.

> > > 18.  Install manager downloads one module at a time.
> >
> > Can you propose a reason why we would want anything else?
>
> Well, when you select several modules to download it does sometimes only
> download one....and thats it...

Ah, I see.  I thought you were complaining that it wasn't downloading 3
modules simultaneously.  I haven't run into that bug myself, but it should
be fixed if it can be reproduced.

Anyone else run into this?  Or can you provide steps for reproducing it?

> > > 19. Copying Unicode to a program like word is a problem, it doesn't work
> > > correctly....
> >
> > More specifically, RTL text with wordbreaks pastes incorrectly.  It looks
> > like some confusion is occurring between Word and MS's RTF control.
> > There's not much we can do about it.
>
> No thats not an issue, my issue is that when I copy from one to the other, I
> end up with Arabic text, as opposed to Hebrew... (Word 2000), Win XP
> Pro....(Times New Roman font)...might be a UTF-8 Problem....

I'm definitely not getting this problem.  Can you provide steps for
reproducing?  I can copy/paste with BHS & Word 2002 and I get Hebrew...
it's just got jumbled word order.

--Chris