[sword-devel] Glossary vs. Dictionary

Stephen Denne sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 20:14:18 +1200

>   I think they will be pretty cool for stuff like, reading a French
> translation of the Bible (not my first language), and hovering over a
> French word to get a 1 or 2 word English gloss of that word.  Same with
> Hebrew, Greek, etc.

Modules contain settings advising of their language, and the user in
preferences selects which language they'd like to see, so it could be
possible to use the GlossaryFrom, and GlossaryTo settings to select an
appropriate glossary, rather than asking the user to chose a single
glossary. When multiple glossaries are available for the same languaeg to
language mapping, they could each be shown in the popup.

On a partially related note - is there a long list of new features still to
add to this version? This series of beta releases has seemed more like a
development series, with lots of new features being added & debugged. - Some
quite nice features, but I'm itching to have something finalised so I can
commit some CD-Rs to the burner.

Stephen.