[sword-devel] Sword upgrade suggestions

Dan Bertles sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 16:59:00 -0400

Though we are in a world of GUI, I am still a strong keyboard user.  I am
working on a Bible study and am running Sword through some heavy, practical
use.  Here are some things that I would find advantageous.

Use the Control Pg Dn/Up to move from module to module in each window
If a module tab cannot easily be hidden when there is not text available,
how about greying out the tab name?  Since modules don't get loaded in
memory until they are referenced (excellent improvement), this would
probably require an additional file to accompany each module listing all
references or the creation/modification of a master table each time a
module is installed/uninstalled.
I don't like that the mouse constantly takes a new position depending on
where the cursor is.  If I want a hint, I should click on it (right or
left?)
I would also like a mouse click to make the current verse to reference the
verse that I click in.
I would rather click on (or hold the mouse over) the tab to see the module
 name.  Having it constantly pop up makes it be in the way too often.
In the search utility, clicking directly in the custom range
field/pull-down should automatically activate the check.
I have mentioned this before, but this is a big one for me...I would like
to copy all the results of a search to the clipboard.
Finally, for now, how about the ability to search across several modules.
 I may have first learned a verse in NIV, but have moved on to NASB.
 Sometimes I have to search each module individually.  If I could click on
both, it would save me a step.

Loving Sword!!!!!!

Dan