[sword-devel] Cheatah on Windows!

Barry Drake sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 07:46:29 +0100

Hi there .....

On 8 Aug 2002 at 23:18, Daniel Blake wrote:
> Would anybody please post the list of needed software to compile the Sword
> project.

I'm talking about Windows.  Linux is much easier.  On the Windows system
(Win 95 up) this is what you do if you want to use a free (open source)
compiler system and library:

Get Dev-C++ from http://www.bloodshed.net/ I'm using the latest Beta 5
release which works well.  The get the GTK+ extension that we have at
http://wingtk.sourceforge.net/index.html and install this into the same
directory in which you have installed Dev-C++.  Download the latest Sword
CVS (Instructions are on the Alpha site - maybe Don will advise if you have
problems - the process is fresh in his mind).

Get a little zip file I've placed at
http://wingtk.sourceforge.net/devsword.zip in which there are my Dev-C++
project files.  As Don says, you will have to edit them to tell them where
you put your CVS and library stuff.  Also (Thanks Jeremy Bettis) there is a
little C file called dirent.c which needs to be compiled into the Sword
library.  The project file libsword.dev has it included, but you will need
to make the path into wherever you've placed it.  Put libsword.dev in the
root of the CVS (Maybe C:\CVS\Sword ..... ).  Build the library.  If you've
edited the paths in libsword.dev correctly for your setup, it should build
with no errors.

When you have the library, build Cheatah (there are only two C++ files, and
you'll find them in the CVS).  Put the executable in your Sword directory,
and it ought to work.

If you want to build the latest REAL Windows front end, you'll need to
spend some money and get some Borland stuff :-)

God bless,
Barry

>From Barry Drake (The Revd - minister of the Arnold and the Netherfield
United