[sword-devel] Beta U initial report

Troy A. Griffitts sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 05 Aug 2002 13:20:06 -0700

	The GenBook index tree load delay you see is a result of us read-delaying 
the index until you actually try to use the module.  We used to load 
them all at app startup, and it was taking way too long.

We may ownerdraw this control in the future, allowing us to display utf8 
keys for genbooks.  If/When we do this, we will also try to make the 
control function without loading the _entire_ index into the tree structure.

Thanks for the feedback!  It's great to hear good feedback to confirm 
we're moving forward, as well as the problems.


Bill Crossley wrote:
> Greetings,
> This build looks good - all of my major gripes appear to have been fixed.
> I did notice that Josephus is back to taking a long time to load, so perhaps a "fix" for that is what caused the "unreadable" bug.  Obviously, a slow load is preferable to not being able to read it, so if it's a choice between the two, then leave it like it is.  I won't complain. :)
> Peace in Christ,