[sword-devel] HTML Markup

Tue, 16 Apr 2002 16:51:54 -0700

Nathan,
	Excited about your work.  module++ should work (be sure you have an
object and not a pointer, e.g. (*module)++).  You can see
swdisprtfchap.cpp or something like that down under apps/windows/
somewhere. :)  The idea is to subclass SWDisplay and set this in your
module, then a simple module->Display() whenever you need to refresh
will suffice.  Usually, a UI writer will also subclass SWMgr and
override some of the methods that get called 'per module' on startup,
like AddRenderFilter, or the like, but with Chris' new FilterMgr, many
people don't need this.  Used to be the method would be overridden to do
what you suggested earlier: (*module) << myRenderFilter.  If you would
like more control, you can do this. The windows client does to still
catch a few special modules and adds it's own special render filters.
You can check it out if you would like an example: biblecsmgr.cpp

	Please keep asking questions!!!  Looking forward to finally telling
people, YES we have a mac version!

	-Troy.