[sword-devel] Book stuff

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 14:59:09 -0700

We still need to define our bookmark format.  I would vote for an XML based format, possibly based on ThML.  So if anyone has any good suggestions of XML parsers, please make them.  We're looking for very small, portable, simple parsers, not MSXML or Xerces.

We ought to look at how fine-grained we want to make the bookmarks.  Having them point to a whole key would be trivial, but wouldn't allow us to specify bookmarks on places within the text like you describe.  Doing that would require simply adding an offset into the data, but might invalidate the bookmark as new versions of the text are released.

--Chris