[sword-devel] task

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 9 Sep 2001 15:08:56 -0700

> > > Ciphering + compression (on LD, Bibles, & commentaries)--
Ultimately
> > > I'd like ALL texts to be compressed on the site, though I guess we

> > > could do a client-side util to uncompress for people who really
> > > think the speed improvement is that much more important than disk
> > > space lost.
>
> Compression on Lexicons / Dictionaries (LD) is what Bobby
> Nations is completing a class to help with.

My task here was actually to get ciphering AND compression working on
the same module.  I tried your suggestion of compressing after ciphering
using a blank cipherkey and it didn't work.  This might not really be a
new task, but a bug hunt.

We might also want to try finding a way to do ciphering AFTER
compression since it should yield better compression results (although
ciphering then compressing did still shrink the size quite noticeably).