[sword-devel] New BibleCS Binaries
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 22:22:23 +1300
These are looking good, very stable, I like the Hebrew RtoL display.
Initial results of testing non-icu, "possible release candidate" version
(only looking at display of bible texts, haven't looked at any other
functionality, not other module types yet):
1) U+2014, U+2019, U+201C and U+201D show as boxes (used in lots of modules,
eg BWE, HNV, Rotherham, WEB, for long dash, single and double open and close
quotes) Additionally, half the letters in the Czech versions, N27U4, PolBTP,
etc now appear as boxes.
2) 'Options' settings are not remembered
3) With RtoL texts (seen in both BHS and AraLAB), verse numbers are often at
the end (left) of one line, and the verse starting on the next line.
4) With RtoL texts (seen in AraLAB), chevrons should be associated with the
RtoL rendering. It looks strange seeing >> then next verse number, then RtoL
text, then << where the >> << are supposed to surround the RtoL text. Are
RtoL chevrons available? This is probably only a module problem. Same
problem with exclamation marks at ends of verses.
5) Still can't turn off showing of cross references in ISV (and cross
references are coded as footnotes in TEV) Incidentally - with footnotes
turned off, TEV has double spaces where footnotes are hidden. I think this
is a library problem more than a module problem.
6) Rendering of accented letters in Ketchi was nicer in previous version
(Using Arial Unicode MS in each)
Other spotted module problems:
JapSNKI Mat 1:6 joined to end of v5
RWebster seems to have footnotes mixed with text (see Gen 1:4)