Build Problems on RedHat 6.2 (was Re: [sword-devel] Diatheke)

Timothy R. Butler
Sun, 28 Oct 2001 22:44:50 -0600

Hi Troy,
  Thanks, that does definately help, but it seems to lead to a different but
related problem. It now outputs:

gcc   -L../../../lib/  -o diatheke  diatheke.o corediatheke.o -lsword
-lstdc++ -lz
corediatheke.o: In function `doquery(int, char, char, char, char const *,
char const *, char const *)':
corediatheke.o(.text+0x2303): undefined reference to
corediatheke.o(.text+0x29b7): undefined reference to
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [diatheke] Error 1

  I located a file named unicodertf.cpp, so I did the make clean and make
commands on it, but apparently that doesn't resolve this problem. Any ideas
what might cause the UnicodeRTF error? I'm sorry to keep coming up with new

On Sunday 28 October 2001 04:44 pm, you wrote:
> Tim,
> 	Yeah, there's been something strange with ar and our makesystem.
> Sometimes things don't get added to the lib (.a file).  Try going into
> the directory with the missing object file and type  'make clean' then
> 'make'.  e.g.
> cd src/modules/comments/rawcom
> make clean
> make
> make
> Hope this helps.
> 	-Troy.

Timothy R. Butler  | Universal Networks |           ICQ: 12495932 AIM: Uninettm
Christian Portal and Search Tool:
Open Source Migration Guide:
============== "Christian Web Services Since 1996" ==============